

Here you can see her shotty work on the side, thick uneven horrible paint.
The handles she covered with some type of silver paint that isn't for metal. It rubbed off!
So, this is what we did.
Now, I will tell you it doesn't look as good as I had planned. I learned that I should have removed all of her horrible work instead of just sanding it smooth. This dresser should have been stripped of all paint and then I could have started fresh. Next time... Also, I should have used automobile spray paint for the handles (as was recommended to me) it would have adhered better.
Oh well, a lesson learned. At least the color is better and you can't see the bad paint brush marks as much. I don't think the dresser will be quite the keeper we were hoping for, but I do like it soooo much more than before.
1 comment:
Looks really good Tricia! I would love to see how the whole room is coming together!
Post a Comment