Saturday, March 31, 2012

Disney Vacation

Here are some of our photos from our fun-filled family vacation! We went on a Disney Cruise and then ended off with a few days in DisneyWorld. I am not sure about others, but with little kids and cousins the cruise was the best way to go. Long line-ups are not for me and my little ones. The cruise was great! They had their cousins to play with (I think that is the only way to do a cruise: if you have families to travel with) and the characters were the highlight for my kids. The ability to easily get back to our room and nap the kids was the highlight for me.


Here is Mark and the kids enjoying the ice cream bar while we wait to depart.


Jude and Mark relaxing.


One of the walls in the Cabana restaurant. I LOVED this wall! it is a mosaic not a painting, just in case you couldn't see the bits of glass.


Waiting to go to breakfast and swimming. Eve and Jude checking out our view.


Asher loved that he could climb up on the bunk beds...it took me to get him down though


Breakfast with everyone...except for Brad who kindly waited in the line to meet the princesses.


Eve and Asher running to see the princesses. The boat was very pretty too.


My kids were so thrilled to see all the Disney Characters so the cruise did not disappoint. Princesses galore. My two favorite photos were of Tiana and Ariel.



Peter Pan and the kids, Asher was very excited. However, you wouldn't know by looking at the photos that my kids were happy to have their pictures taken.


All the fun tuckered Asher out. He fell asleep watching tv just before dinner!



Castaway Cay, is Disney's private island. Really...? All I thought was how very 'manicured' it was and just like everything else disney, slightly unreal... It was nice and clean with no one bugging you for anything but to give you food.

The kids clinging to Mark, the water was a tad chilly


Jude slept! No sunburn though...


This one of Livvy was just too cute.


Asher was thrilled with all the pop, perhaps that was his favorite part.


'Yo Ho! A pirates life for ME!'
Pirate night! Who was the most excited? That was debatable...




Asher was very proud of his pirate sword ( a pen). He didn't want me to take a picture of him, just his pen.


Avery and Eve goofing off waiting for Tinker Bell


Tinker Bell was pretty fun! She would seriously skip everywhere and the last day she spent it with all the kids in 'Pixie Hallow' at the kids club. Eve was in HEAVEN! The kids clubs were pretty cool.


Eve given some love to Jude while he waits to compete in the 'diaper-dash'


The Olympic hopeful himself. Jude as pleased as punch after winning first place in the crawling competition know as the 'Diaper-Dash'. They had two heats and a final; Jude tore it up! It does help that the kid was 17 months before he walked and had been crawling for almost a year by the time he competed. Those little 10 monthers didn't stand a chance against our seasoned crawler. Look how happy he is that he won. I see a track and field medalist in the future...


The last day at Disney World Mark and Brad took the boys to Hollywood Studios. Asher couldn't stop talking about Buzz.

Unfortunately Asher was also introduced to Star Wars (it was only a matter of time), he now chases his sister around with his 'light-saver' as he calls it, and is training to become a Jedi Knight who turns to the dark side (Asher loves the bad guys).

That is it. Exhausted we returned to Pinkeye and colds, all part of the fun of traveling. We had a great time and are so glad Mark's sister invited us to try out a Disney Cruise.

4 comments:

MZP said...

FUN! I have thought about doing one of those. I'll have to get the whole scoop from you!

MZP said...

FUN! I have thought about doing one of those. I'll have to get the whole scoop from you!

Silly Gille's said...

Looks like so much fun! One day we will have to go on one of those :) always wondered how it would work with kids.

Cammie said...

Trishy!!
I loved the pictures!!! I loved Jude's award winning face and his Pirate pic...Eve with Tinkerbell, and Asher, he looked so happy in all his photos!! haha I LOVE HIS HAIR!!!!!! It certainly doesn't come from our side!