Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the tv stand

Before
After a long anticipated wait, here is the 'hunk of furniture' (as Mark called it). We wanted a tv stand for our new home. I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like and this is what I had to work with.
It was cheap, and heavy.






AFTER.
So this is it. After 5 coats of paint (sanding in between), intense freezing 6 am mornings in the garage painting before my kids woke up, and watching 2 seasons of 'Spooks', it is finished. We are now waiting for the tv to put on it, but I like it the way it is.



The doors, the bane of my existence. They took 1 hour per coat each! I had to use a small art paint brush to get in all the grooves. Don't look too close, you can still see where I messed up.


I wanted a white wash look on the top, and thanks to my friend Sarah (who is so knowledgeable in all things painting and re-finishing) I got the look I wanted.




OUr good friend Craig helped Mark cut down the doors on the inside so we can fit our cable box and dvd player. Thanks to Craig, Sarah, and Tammy (who encouraged me) for all the help. I really like it... so for anyone reading this, if you don't like it please don't tell me;)

4 comments:

kjerstina said...

Wow! Very impressive! We have a few hunks of furniture that need a makeover, although they may be too far gone. Hope you are warmer down there in the South!

Jen Heninger said...

Fabulous!!! You're absolutely amazing, Trishy.

Estelle Kane said...

Love it! Nice work!

Mark and Amber said...

Hey! It's Amber Porter - I love the TV stand, it looks amazing! I love this stuff too....