The main event was a grand prix racing derby. Everyone was divided into teams and given overalls and a budget. Together the teams had to make a design for a car that could be pushed or pulled and carry one driver. There were certain safety standards that each car (t) had to satisfy, as well as being within each team's budget.
Mark's team, aka "Mario Bros. Racing" (because of the overalls) built a sleek, quick, chariot-style cart. It proved itself in the qualifying laps on the race track, finishing in first place with the fastest time.
In the medal round, the lack of horsepower on the team caught up to them and Mario Bros. Racing finished with the Bronze medal in third place-still cause to celebrate with an open bottle of champagne (Mark felt like he was Michael Andretti).
This week was not quite so fun as the MBA students began their actual courses which are quite demanding and take up most of the time between 6:00AM and 12:00PM. We'll keep everyone posted as things continue...
1 comment:
Hi guys,
I found your blog through Technorati. I'm a fellow MBA student, only from IESE. I found a huge flat that I wanted to share with MBA or PhD students, and I'd like to announce it at ESADE as well. Would you mind posting a message for me in your forum or bulk mail services? Thanks,
António (antoniocostaamaral{a}gmail.com)
Post a Comment