Our Adventure!
It has been cool this weekend, and in Texas that is a big deal.
Since we knew we were on borrowed time we decided to take advantage of the last cold front we will most likely see until the end of September and went on a walk. A long walk.
We are off and away.
I am not a photographer, not remotely, so this is the best I could do with an older camera and little knowledge on how to even work it.
We can't believe how big the kids are getting, Eve is so tall! I think back to when she was a baby and we were so worried she wouldn't have any hair! Well, our worries were for nothing, she has hair (I know you were all as worried as we were;).
Asher, well Asher is our Drama Man. I don't think I have one picture of him making a normal face. He is so crazy...really. I love this one of him, because that is so often the expression on his face. I can't believe he is 4. I tried to do his hair for the picture but he will have none of it; he insists on brushing his very straight lock of hair over his face. What can ya do?
Jude, or Juder-bug (that is what he thinks his name is and I am not sure how to break it to him that it really is only Jude, he might be a grown man before he realizes it). He is so adorable, and loves to make us laugh. 2 and a half is a great age for that. All our kids were little clowns at that age. They aren't self-councious yet. Just goofs. It did take me awhile to get one of him where he wasn't scowling, he is the youngest and so gets his way a bit too much.
Eve and Jude getting ready to jump. You know how I mentioned my lack of photo skills? Well, the jump shot didn't work out, so you get the pre-jump shot. They are just so cute it doesn't matter.
I discovered a new effect on Picasa: Cinemascope. Love it! Even with shots that were a tad out of focus you get a cool effect. The next three are my shots. Since I am not sure what is a good shot, I like them. I still can't really tell if the picture has good lighting or not.
After our 'Adventure' was done (we picked dewberries, pink and orange mixed flowers, and ran up the only hill in all of Kingwood), we headed to the park for a little 'Star Wars' play time. It works out perfectly: I only have one girl so she always gets to be Princess Leia, and the boys get to be Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.
*They have never actually seen Star Wars, except for a very small clip, but that doesn't stop them.
Jude. Why? Because he is C-U-T-E!
I hadn't really gotten any pictures of Asher for a while; since it was his birthday last week I thought I should.
This is my favorite of the birthday boy, I think I will get one framed.
Here Asher is patiently waiting for the bubbles to come. This was a great $14 spent. It keeps them busy and running around.
My life. More often than not, Jude and Asher make each other cry. Here I actually think I was asking Jude to smile. He simply didn't want to.





1 comment:
Cute! Love the cinemascope! They are great pics . . . maybe not so much on the lighting, but very artistic. ;) And absolutely adorable. You should blow them all up!
I can't believe how much Jude looks like Mark at that age.
Post a Comment