Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Valencia

We took a day this last week, our last week in Spain, and headed for Valencia. Even though it was very chilly, we had a great time. I can only imagine how beautiful and fabulous the beaches are in the summer. It made me a bit sad that we didn't take this opportunity when we were on our road trip this past September.

This is us at the beach in Valencia



This would be the main attraction of Valencia, the Futuristic City of Arts and Sciences. I would imagine in the summer when it is nice and warm and all the flowers are out, it is a great place to visit. However, when all you go to is the Science Museum (not Science Center), you find that it is a bit of a 'let down'. We did our best to have fun; and now know how tall we all are, how much we all weigh, what our blood pressure is, and that Mark & I have Egyptian feet while Eve has Greek.


Ahhhhh, the beach. It is so huge. We really should have come in the summer... (did I mention that already?) Eve loved it though. She spent her time running to the water and running from it as the waves came in.


We love getting photos of the castles here, so many are precariously perched on hill tops and mountain sides. We finally pulled over to take this photo. I would say that we have seen at least a dozen such castles.


Valencia is where Spain has most of its orange orchards. Some are picked regularly, some not. We spent so much of our drive back trying to pull over and get a great shot of one of them. I only wish we could have snuck over the fence and picked a few...I bet they were De-licious!


No these last two pictures are not of Valencia, they are of our dinner out with our friends Jay, Kjerstina, and Emmie from NYC (via Calgary). This would be one of our favorite (Mark's FAVORITE) restaurants in Barcelona, 'Cervezeria Catalana'. The tapas here is unbelievable. YUM YUM YUM!



Our two favorite dishes would be below: Solomillo de Ternera & Gambas a la Brocheta. Their Patatas Bravas and Asparagus are pretty darn good too!

No comments: