Tricia spent the morning in Caldea, one of the spas, which has multiple mineral baths that are famous for their therapeutic effects. While she was being pampered, the rest of us headed up a mountain to another spa and ski hill, absolutely breathtaking. This is a jewel of a country that most North Americans never really visit.

Eve and Mark on one of the streets in Andorra La Vella (the main city in Andorra)

This is the view outside of the Muir's window (they were the friends we stayed with). How lucky they are to wake up to that every morning.

One of the interesting parts of the area are the many churches that are built with a Lombard Tower which were built in Romanesque times. This is a famous type of tower from England and their are over 40 of these very old churches in Andorra. (All the information I got from the Muirs)

We took a gondola up the ski hill and checked out the breathtaking view; unfortunately, there was no view due to the heavy but beautiful snow fall. It was freezing and we didn't bring any of our winter clothes to Spain. I didn't think I was going to see snow here.
1 comment:
How fun for you guys that you get to go so many different places. I love the pictures!
Post a Comment